“Lives Remembered” is Connecticut Public’s obituary listing service that tells the story of your loved one at a more affordable price than traditional listings. Each listing is a flat rate of $30.00, regardless of length. A portion of the proceeds helps fund local, non-profit journalism and broadcast programming.
“Lives Remembered” notices are placed through a participating funeral director via Memoriams by Ancestry.
Families: Please contact your funeral director to submit an obituary for your loved one. For more information, please contact Eric Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 860-275-7284.
Funeral Directors: To post a Lives Remembered obituary listing, please register for a free account at Memoriams.com or sign into your existing account. Remember to choose Connecticut Public as the publication.
Sponsors: If you are interested in being a sponsor of the Lives Remembered, please contact Jane Moreno with our Underwriting and Corporate Support team at email@example.com.
FAQs for Families
- What is included in a Lives Remembered obituary? Each listing includes an obituary of any length, as well as up to 5 photos (optional), to be displayed on the Lives Remembered website.
- How long is my listing displayed for? Obituaries are displayed for an unlimited time.
- How is Lives Remembered different than traditional obituaries? Lives Remembered is a low-cost alternative to traditional listings. It reaches a statewide audience, and a portion of proceeds help support Connecticut Public, Connecticut’s only statewide public media resource, serving more than one million citizens each month.
FAQs for Funeral Directors
- How do I place an obituary listing on Lives Remembered? Lives Remembered uses the Memoriams obituary listing platform. If your funeral home already has a Memoriams account, simply sign in and choose “Connecticut Public” as the publication. If you do not have a Memoriams account, starting up is easy. Go to Memoriams.com and register for free.
- What are the benefits of a Lives Remembered obituary listing? As a benefit to you, the name of your funeral home will be displayed at the top of every obituary, with a hyperlink to your website. Your website link will also be included in the body of the obituary. Your clients will appreciate that an online obituary listing on Lives Remembered will reach an audience that is statewide and beyond, so there is no need to incur the expense of placing listings in multiple newspapers.