Join us in our studio audience for a special screening of The Raising of America: Early Childhood and the Future of Our Nation, a new PBS documentary
The Raising of America: A CPTV Town Hall Meeting
Hosted by Diane Smith
Tuesday, May 5, 2015 from 5:45 to 9:30 pm
at CPTV/WNPR studios at 1049 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, CT
This event is free and open to the public. Registration is required. Limited seating in the Chase studio, the location of the live broadcast. Additional seating is available in our adjacent simulcast studio. The audience in this studio will have the opportunity to submit questions/comments to the host of the Town Hall.
From their very first days, infants and young children need a rich and responsive environment for healthy brain development and to thrive throughout life. The Raising of America, a new PBS Documentary, aims to transform the way we look at early child health and development. During this live town hall event, hosted by Diane Smith, a panel of early childhood experts, studio audience, and viewers will discuss the issues raised in the documentary and how to ensure all of Connecticut’s children have the opportunity for a strong start and more equitable, prosperous future.
- Myra Jones-Taylor, Commissioner of the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood
- Irene Garneau, Instructional Coach at the Wintonbury Early Childhood Magnet School
- Jessica Sagar, Director, All Our Kin, Inc.
- Dr. Cliff O’Callahan M.D., Ph.D., Pediatrician
- Walter S. Gilliam, Ph.D. Director, The Edward Zigler Center in Child Development and Social Policy, Yale University
- Pre-screening reception begins at 5:45 p.m., followed by the screening at 7 p.m.
Live broadcast of Town Hall begins at 8 p.m.on CPTV
Simulcast here on CPTV.org/raisingamerica/
Have a question during the program?
Tweet: @CPTVOnline, #CPTVTownHall
The Raising of America Town Hall Meeting is sponsored by: The Connecticut Office of Early Childhood
Additional support provided by: Graustein
Catering provided by: Rizzuto’s