What is a Sustainer?
Sustainers are dedicated friends who make ongoing monthly gifts. Monthly Sustaining memberships are always current, reduce our fundraising costs, and continuously support the news and programs you rely on. This steady support sustains us with a consistent, reliable income stream, and sustains you by helping to ensure the programming you love and value will be there for you.
Advantages to becoming a Sustaining Member:
- Your membership will always be current.
- You’ll receive less mail and fewer solicitations from Connecticut Public.
- Spreading your support throughout the year is easier on your budget.
- You get ongoing access to Connecticut Public Passport.
- You’ll receive Connecticut Public’s programming Guide each month in Connecticut Magazine.
- You can request a thank-you gift each year at your giving level.
- You’ll receive an annual summary of your monthly gifts for tax purposes.
Sustainers love knowing their monthly gifts make it possible for them, and their community, to continually enjoy Connecticut Public programs!
Sustainers are eligible to receive a thank you gift (or gifts) that has a value equivalent to their annual giving level. To request a gift, call Membership to confirm you’re eligible to receive a gift and we’ll send you the one you request!
Frequently Asked Questions about Being a Sustainer
How do I make a change to my Sustaining Membership?
Call Membership at 860-275-7550 during business hours (weekdays, 9am-5pm) or update your new credit card information online through our safe and secure form.
You may also send Connecticut Public a letter with the information. Our address is Connecticut Public Membership, 1049 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, CT 06105.
Can I change the monthly amount I have been giving?
Yes! There are several ways to do this:
1) Go to our donation form for a secure page where you can enter your new monthly amount.
2) Call Membership at 860-275-7550 during business hours (weekdays, 8am-5pm).
3) Send Connecticut Public a letter with the information. Our address is Connecticut Public Attn: Membership , 1049 Asylum Avenue, Hartford, CT 06105
Can I stop my monthly contribution?
You are in control. Contact Membership to stop your Sustaining Membership at any time. If you are stopping it for a particular reason, please let us know why.