This is simply using something you already have and turning it into something even more delicious.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups leftover Ridiculously Good Fries (see video below)
- If making Sam's homemade fries, watch the video.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the salt and pepper, and stir in the cheese.
- Cook the bacon in a 10- inch cast- iron or ovenproof nonstick pan over medium heat.
- When it’s about halfway done, remove half of the grease, then add the mushrooms and cook until they soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it becomes very fragrant, about a minute, then add the fries and stir so they get coated with everything.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir slightly to make sure everything is evenly distributed. Then leave undisturbed so the bottom starts to set, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and let bake until the eggs are fully set, 13 to 15 minutes.
- I like to serve warm or at room temperature with a spoonful of sour cream and a splash or two of hot sauce.