This recipe is a true and simple nod to Spanish cuisine. I like the shrimp cooked but still slightly translucent. At the last second, I add chopped parsley and paprika. The oil is delicious when soaked up with crusty bread.
Shrimp, Sweet Garlic, and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 24 extra large shrimp (26/30 count), peeled and deveined
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the broiler to medium (450°F).
- Season the shrimp with sea salt and white pepper, then place in a broiler-safe baking dish just large enough to hold all the shrimp in a single layer.
- In a small saucepan, combine the garlic and oil and bring to a simmer. Pour over the shrimp.
- Place the baking dish in the broiler 4 inches from the heat source and broil until the shrimp are just opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and let rest for 2 to 3 minutes. Add parsley and paprika, and serve hot.