Having grown up in a Puerto Rican household, Marysol Castro remembers watching her mother make coquito—Puerto Rican eggnog—for Christmas celebrations. Marysol’s version is eggless, sweet, and very festive.
Marysol Castro’s Egg-Free Coquito
- One 15-ounce can cream of coconut (we use Coco López)
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 jigger (1-1/2 ounce) white rum (or to taste, optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 dashes ground nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Cinnamon sticks, to garnish
- Put all ingredients except the garnish in a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed. Add ice to the blender if you like your coquito cold and frothy. Once blended, pour into cups and garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and a cinnamon stick.