The Pairing: Nonalcoholic Golden Ale
Athletic Brewing Co. is changing the way American drinkers think about nonalcoholic beer. The brewery, with locations in Connecticut and California, has introduced familiar styles—from IPAs to stouts to golden ales and more—that start at 50 calories and are alcohol free. As generations of drinkers get older and think about long-term health, there’s now an option to keep heads clear and drink a beer anytime, anywhere.
Mango and Beet Salad
- 2 medium beets, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 2 ripe Champagne mangoes, peeled, halved, and cut into1/8 in slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel fronds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wrap the beets in foil and roast directly on the oven rack for about 1 hour, or until tender. Remove the foil then carefully remove the skins. Let the beets cool to room temperature then cut into rounds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lime juice until emulsiﬁed. Add the garlic and let stand for 5 minutes then remove and discard the garlic. Add the mangoes and toss to coat.
- On a serving platter or plate, arrange the beet and mango slices in alternating layers with each one peeking out from the other to showcase their contrasting colors. Top with fennel and drizzle with the remaining lime and olive oil mixture. Serve immediately.