I enjoy this salsa more than any other. . .that is when I can keep my family from eating the grilled pineapple on its journey from the grill to the bowl. You’ll know what I mean soon enough. . .
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- 1/2 pineapple
- 2 jalapeños, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt
- Preheat grill to high.
- Cut off pineapple's outer skin and cut into thin slices (1/4- to 1/3-inch). Rub pineapple slices and jalapeño strips with olive oil and place on grill. Reduce heat to medium and grill 2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and set aside to cool slightly.
- In bowl, combine tomatoes and red onion. Chop grilled pineapple and jalapeños and add to bowl. Drizzle with lime juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Fold in cilantro and season with sea salt. Toss to combine and serve at room temperature or refrigerate in airtight container.