This recipe was developed by Mindy Fox for Atlantic Sea Farms, a kelp farm in Maine with a mission to diversify coastal incomes, reduce ocean acidification, and work alongside local fishing communities to grow, harvest, and share delicious, sustainable, and mineral-rich sea greens with the world. Atlantic Sea Foods Kelp Cubes and other Atlantic Sea Farms kelp products can be found at many Connecticut Whole Foods Markets, health food stores, and seafood markets, or search online for stores that carry their products.
Ginger-Kelp Green Juice
- 5 cups packed chopped kale leaves, or any combination of greens such as romaine lettuce, arugula, or add mint and other herbs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 banana, peeled
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger root
- 2 Atlantic Sea Farms cubes pureed kelp
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey, plus more to taste
- 2-3 grinds freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 pinch kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Add 3/4 cup ice cold water and 3 large ice cubes. Puree until smooth. Adjust honey, pepper, and salt to taste.