Part ham sandwich, part Vermont pimiento cheese spread, this sandwich is everything a simple sandwich should be: delicious, delicious, delicious. Nestle the hammy goodness between two slices of springy oat bread and top with the season’s first sprigs of butter lettuce and a generous heap of pickled red onions.
Deviled Ham Sammy
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon German mustard
- 1/4 cup finely grated Vermont Cheddar
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, coarsely chopped (I use Applegate)
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, from a small jar
- 4 slices oat bread
- 1/4 cup pickled onions
- 4 large leaves butter or romaine lettuce
- Stir together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, and Cheddar in a small bowl until smooth. Add the ham and pimiento, then stir. Season with salt to taste. Divide equally for two sandwiches and top with pickled red onions and lettuce.