Growing up, Chef Plum called his grandmother’s muffin-like treats “lemon things.” Wrapped in crinkly wax paper, she’d always know if the kids were getting into them before it was time to eat the holiday meal. Chef Plum has adapted his grandmother’s recipe into more of a tarty-muffin hybrid. Flavored with store-bought lemon curd, you’ll add that brightness to both the muffin batter and the glaze. They’re mini, so think about adding these sweet, just-right desserts to your holiday cookie platter.
Chef Plum's Holiday Lemon Tart Muffins
- Hand mixer
- Mini muffin tin
For the muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Zest of 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
For the citrus glaze
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- Juice of 1 lemon and 1/2 orange
- 2 teaspoons lemon curd
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease muffin tins, set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add in flour, milk, lemon zest, curd, salt and baking powder, mix well.
- Spoon batter into the greased mini muffin tins, filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the glaze ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined, getting any lumps out. When muffins are baked, prick the tops with a fork, and roll each mini muffin in the glaze!
- Watch Chef Plum make this recipe on Better Connecticut.