After the murder of George Floyd a year ago, many organizations issued statements of solidarity – and commitments to racial equity. So, how are things going for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at work?
This hour, we hear from a social psychologist about the reality of creating truly equitable, anti-racist organizations, and about how some Connecticut companies are cultivating diversity in their workforce.
Also, we find out the status of legislation shaping Connecticut’s criminal justice system.
- Gary Winfield – Chief Deputy Majority Leader, Connecticut State Senator, 10th District
- Evelyn Carter – managing director of Paradigm, a diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy firm
- Alexia Cruz – Senior Vice President Claim General Counsel at Travelers
- Greg Jones – Vice President Community Health and Engagement at Hartford Healthcare
- Brandy Smith – Vice President Workplace Diversity and Counsel at Lincoln Financial Group
This episode was produced by James Szkobel-Wolff, Zshekinah Collier, and Catie Talarski.