A CPTV Original Program Premiering Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 8 p.m.
On Friday, March 29, 2019, a free, public panel discussion focused on the issue of student mental health was held at the John Lyman Center for the Performing Arts at Southern Connecticut State University. This discussion featured a panel of experts who addressed common mental health struggles faced by many students, as well as the resources and opportunities available for support.
Portions of this panel discussion will be showcased in the new one-hour program Student Mental Health: Crucial Conversations, premiering on CPTV on Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 8 p.m. and encoring on Sunday, May 5, 2019 at 6 p.m. and in September 2019 (date and time to be announced).
Student Mental Health: Crucial Conversations will also feature insights from student and mental health advocates through prerecorded interviews, storytelling, and select responses recorded during the audience Q&A at the live event.
Don’t miss this timely exploration of an issue affecting countless students and their families.
About the Panel Discussion
The panel discussion featured in Student Mental Health: Crucial Conversations was moderated by Noah Finz, Sports Television Anchor and Journalist for Vantage Sports Network.
- Marc Brackett, Ph.D., Director, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
- Miriam E. Delphin-Rittmon, Ph.D., Commissioner, The Connecticut Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Kate Fagan, Author, Former ESPN Reporter, TV Personality, Former College Athlete
- Nick Pinkerton, Psy.D., Director of Counseling Services, Southern Connecticut State University
- Jermaine Wright, Ph.D., Associate Vice President-Student Affairs, Southern Connecticut State University
For more on the host and panelists, click here.
Resources for Immediate Intervention
If you or someone you know is in crisis, please contact one of the following resources:
- 211, Connecticut Mental Health Crisis Intervention Services
- Trevor Project Crisis Hotline: Call 866-488-7386 / Text TREVOR to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 800-273-TALK (8255) / Text CONNECT to 741741
- Jordan Porco Foundation: Call 860-904-6041
- The JED Foundation and JED Campus
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Connecticut Legal Rights Project
- Disability Rights Connecticut
- Bazelon Center
Student Mental Health: Crucial Conversations is a Partnership Production. Learn more about Partnership Productions at content.ctpublic.org/partnership-productions.
Funding provided by: